- ASA Policy Priorities Focus On Food, Data and Drones
Members discuss policy course for waterways, GMO labeling and trans fats during open resolutions process
- Plant Breeding Has Been Critical To Soybean Yield Increases Over the Years
Understanding past yield improvements will help unlock the secret to future yield gains.
- Record-Breaking Attendance at 2014 Commodity Classic
More than 7,300 people attend 19th annual event
- Mixed Feelings on USDA's Coexistence Report
Ag groups weigh in on USDA's efforts to expand agreement among ag stakeholders
- Illinois Soybean Growers Work to Improve Trade Relations with Cuba
In recent years, Brazil has become Cuba's primary soybean supplier.
- Farm Bill, Transportation and RFS: Top Issues At Commodity Classic
Commodity group leadership concerned about more local FSA staff to implement farm bill, tax money for inland waterways, and positive EPA response to RFS industry comments.
- U of I Conducts Research on Cache River Basin
Experts are using the southern Illinois acreage as a test bed for flood effects on agriculture.
- Groups Have Concerns, But Express Optimism Regarding TPP
Japan's demands in Trans-Pacific Partnership deal make livestock and grain groups wary, but they remain supportive of a deal
- USDA Projects 2014 Crop Prices Mostly Lower Than 2013
Continuing relatively low ending stocks and a bit lower expected plantings will keep crop prices sensitive to weather supply shocks both at home and abroad
- Protein, Oil Levels Higher in 2013 Soybean Crop
Checkoff-funded Crop Quality Survey shows less regional variation in protein, oil levels