- Corn/Corn Yields Typically 25 Bushels Less Than Corn/Soybeans
A U of I study identified two primary factors that cause corn on corn yield loss - nitrogen supply and corn on corn history.
- Spring Planting Finished Before Rain
Around 200 acres were planted Saturday, April 19 with the remaining acres getting in on Wednesday before the rain storms.
- Mikaela Wieland Wins Growmark's Essay Contest
The Princeville FFA member will take home $500 for her award-winning essay.
- Applications For Young Beef Leader Training Program Due May 15
The program provides leadership skills and networking opportunities to help further the Illinois beef industry.
- Iroquois County Farmer Experiments With Water Control Structures
John Wilken follows a specific procedure for controlling the water table in his fields for spring planting.
- USDA Boosts Corn Consumption Estimates in April WASDE Report
U of I economist says the numbers may still be too low. We'll know more with the September report.
- Crop Rotation Tips: Design a More Effective Rotation
Properly designed "risky" rotations can make more money in the long run but can result in substantial losses over the short-term. Download our free report.
- WIU Study Says High Corn Prices Are Good For Illinois' Economy
ICGA is a proponent of additional corn-based ethanol production to buoy corn prices.
- Bi-Annual Soy 2020 Roundtable Focuses on Nutrient Management
Speakers discussed ongoing efforts to improve nutrient management and water quality efforts.
- 4 Tips For Late Spring and Early Summer Pasture Management
Purina beef cattle specialist says late spring is essential for getting the proper nutrients to the cow and calf herd.