- Moving on Up with Corn Planting, That Is
Looks like we have the tools and talent to cover the territory if the ground dries out.
- Percent of Land Area in Drought Edges Up Slightly
After several weeks of decline, drought steals back some land area
- 7 Things You Might Have Missed This Week
Kansas Wheat Tour, playing the planting waiting game, and chicken diapers
- Long-Term Moisture Deficits, Temp Swings Keep Drought Around
U.S. Drought Monitor reports beneficial rains in the central and southern U.S, but temperatures fuel drought in Texas and the central High Plains
- USDA Crop Progress Report: How Does Very Little Sound?
Not much more corn has gone into the ground in the past week, at least in this report.
- Drought Monitor: Some Regions Can't Give the Rain Away
While the Plains suffers cool temps and drought issues, the Mississippi drowns some Midwestern fields
- Afternoon Recap by Paul Burgener
New crop prices start the day higher followed by old crop as ethanol and export demand pick up.
- Morning Market Review by Bryce Knorr
Rains in the Northern Plains and Midwest have brought planting to a standstill after last week's impressive progress. (These comments are updated by 7:30 a.m. Central Time)