- Corn Belt just as diverse now as it was in 1930
University of Illinois farmdoc daily asks: Is the Midwest farm economy too specialized? How diverse is Corn Belt agriculture?
- Growers have a new tool for fighting sudden death syndrome in soybeans
Soybean variety selection was the only tool in fight against sudden death syndrome. Now there's ILeVO from Bayer CropScience.
- U of I's farmdocDaily website celebrates 1,000 daily posts
When the website was founded four years ago, daily posting was viewed as a significant challenge.
- U of I study demonstrates synergistic approach to corn yield increases
Fred Below's omission plot study shows Bt traits and fungicides consistently pay dividends.
- Develop a plan for planting delays
Working out tactical details now will pay off later, if trouble arises.
- Seed cost could impact seeding rate
Choosing the right approach to balance seed investment with returns important in 2015.
- Farm business weekly review
Rounding up in-depth weekly reviews on key ag commodities, transportation, fertilizer, energy and financial markets from the Farm Futures staff
- Morning Livestock Review by John Otte
Seasonally rising cash fed cattle supply points to lower prices ahead, seasonally tightening hog supply points to higher prices ahead
- Morning Market Review by Bryce Knorr
Rain, fear of Russian export return challenge wheat. (Comments are updated by 7:30 a.m. Central Time)