- Drought Monitor: Substantial rainfall noted in eastern U.S.
Drought Monitor improvements noted East of the Mississippi River and across Texas; drought degradations centered on Northern Plains and Northwestern U.S. quadrant
- Chesapeake model: Who'll pay for Mississippi River's clean-up?
While the Mid-Atlantic receives massive federal Chesapeake help, EPA and Mississippi basin states may be unprepared to assume clean-up costs. (Part 3 of 3)
- Drought Monitor: Warmer temps, continued dryness
Dryness experienced across much of U.S. though severe weather and rain visits the Central Plains/Ohio Valley, Drought Monitor says
- Drought Monitor: Western snowpack limited; degradations scattered
April 2 Drought Monitor shows scattered degradations across Northern Plains, upper Midwest and New England
- NFU asks Congress to avoid GIPSA, COOL riders in ag appropriations
National Farmers Union supports Country-of-Origin Labeling; says policy riders may undermine effectiveness of both COOL and GIPSA
- Drought Monitor: South gets rain, but the West remains parched
Scattered Drought Monitor degradations appear in West, Northern Plains
- Researchers develop genetic map of world wheat lines
Work provides first haplotype map of wheat with detailed description of genetic differences in a worldwide sample of wheat lines