- State Crop Progress and Condition Report Shows Slow Planting Start
Ground frost was still leaving the ground during the week of April 14 across Minnesota.
- 2014 Minnesota Grown Directory Now Available
The new edition features 978 farms across the state, including Community Supported Agriculture farms.
- Sticks, Stones Could Break Your Planter
Avoid external contamination when handling seed super boxes.
- Grants From AgStar Available For Agriculture Classroom Equipment
AgStar Fund for Rural America offers $45,000 in grants this year to help support ag education in rural classrooms across the state.
- CHS To Build CNG Fueling Station In Fairmont
The new fueling station will offer a convenient location for CHS and other fleets with CNG-powered vehicles.
- MDA Surveys State's Certified Organic Farmers
Survey responses, which are due April 15, will help the agency with program focus and resources.
- Minnesota River Watershed Alliance Meets April 15
Group still wants to pursue the Blueway designation for the state.
- 2013 State Farm Incomes Drop Dramatically
Crop operations took the biggest economic hits, with sugar beet growers losing an average of $300 per acre.
- Beef Council's Referendum Fails
Nearly two-thirds of voting Minnesota beef producers reject a request to increase the beef checkoff by $1 per head.
- Annual Minnesota Department Of Agriculture Survey Begins April 14
Farmers are randomly selected for the survey, which ends April 23, and participation is voluntary.