- Pa. Ag Department Hosts Animal Food Safety Listening Session
March 17 food safety listen session targets Food Safety Modernization Act's proposed rules dealing with preventive controls for animal foods.
- Climate Change And 'Local Food' Are Changing Northeast Land Use
Northeast land use is changing. But is it driven more by 'local food' or climate change? Tufts study explores the future potentials.
- A Northeast Farming Renaissance?
Signs of a farming renaissance are plentiful with rising numbers of women-run farms, new farmers, even land being farmed being fed by "buy local" demand.
- Catch This Marcellus Shale Gas Fracking Well Video
New Penn State Extension video on how Marcellus shale gas wells are developed and the fracking process is online.
- For Maryland Farm Environmental Regulators, Spring Has Arrived
March 1 marked the start of spring farm environmental regulations for Maryland farmers. Never mind the snow, frozen ground and single-digit temps.
- 20 Historic Vermont Barns, Buildings Gain Preservation Grants
$282,786 in Barn Preservation Grants to help shore up 20 historic rural Vermont buildings, including a circa 1780 English barn.
- How Bomgardener Topped 97-bushel Soybeans
Jeff Bomgardener topped the 2013 Pennsylvania Soybean Yield Contest with a 97.38-bushel yield entry.
- Roethlisberger's Steelers Shirt Boosted Auction For Dairy Youth
Ben Roethlisberger's Steelers NFL jersey helped raise close to $10,000 for Center for Dairy Excellence Foundation youth initiatives.
- Farm Succession: A Plan You Can't Afford To Put Off
Plan to attend an upcoming Farm Succession and Transition workshop by Pennsylvania Farm Link, get a free workbook and get started.
- PA Supreme Court Leaves Marcellus Natural Gas Zoning Reg Hanging
Pennsylvania Supreme Court refused to revisit its Act 13 decision that allowed local government zoning decisions on Marcellus natural gas drilling.