- Western Illinois University Wins USDA Gran
WIU will use the $200,000 grant to help small businesses create a positive impact in rural communities.
- Topics Set for 2014 Corn and Soybean Classics
The Classics kick of on Jan. 6 in Champaign. Be sure to register for the meeting near your hometown.
- Get Your CSP Application in to NRCS By Jan. 17
Applications are accepted year round, but they are evaluated during ranking periods. This is the first ranking period of the year.
- Ron Moore Elected to ASA Executive Committee
Moore will serve as one of ASA's four vice presidents. Two other Illinois farmers are also on ASA's board of directors.
- Lincoln Land and Two Rivers Merge as Prairieland FS
Also Growmark acquires a propane terminal in South Dakota from the Magellan Pipeline Company.
- Lanark Custom Applicator Is One of AGCO's Four Finalists
Ben Hayes, of Crop Production Services, could win AGCO's 2013 Operator of the Year award.
- Illinois Farmers Direct $250,000 In Donations To Local Food Pantries
The Monsanto Fund donated the money as part of the America's Farmers Grow Communities program.
- U of I's Bob Easter Named 2013 Friend of Agriculture
A combination of Illinois commodity organizations present the Friend of Agriculture award at the annual Commodity Conference.
- Illinois Regains Top-Soybean-Producing-State Title
The last time Illinois produced the most soybeans was in 2003.
- The Maschoffs Acquire Minn.-Based Chicken Supplier
The Carlyle-based pork supplier recently announced its purchase of the GNP Company.