- 4 Tips For Late Spring and Early Summer Pasture Management
Purina beef cattle specialist says late spring is essential for getting the proper nutrients to the cow and calf herd.
- Cool Spring and El Nino Weather Pattern Are on the Horizon
An El Nino weather pattern may surface later this summer.
- Diagnosing Planter Mistakes Is Key To Improving For Next Year
Precision Planting's Doug Wiegand has tips for improving planter performance.
- Illinois Soybean Board Petitions Are Due May 15
Six ISB director positions are up for election this year. Elections will be held July 8.
- Farm Credit Illinois Awards 38 Service Project Grants
The grants will help local FFA chapters and 4-H clubs improve their communities through various projects.
- 1st Farm Credit Announces Recipients of 2014 First Choice Ag Scholarships
This year, 24 students will receive a $1,500 scholarship to pursue a career in agriculture.
- Conduct a Breeding Soundness Exam Before Buying Bulls
U of I beef specialist Travis Meteer explains what to look for when buying bulls.
- Cry3Bb1 Rootworm Resistance Now Confirmed in Five Illinois Counties
With resistance to mCry3A now confirmed, U of I's Mike Gray says aggressively moving forward with BMPs is necessary.
- Is Now the Time to Buy the Neighboring 50 Acres?
A good opportunity is a good opportunity. Make sure the economics pencil out before pulling the trigger on new land purchases.
- Apply For Federal Specialty Crop Grant by May 1
IDOA hopes to use grant money to expand local food purchases. The funds will come from the Farm Bill's Specialty Crop Block Grant Program.