- Paul Penner Elected NAWG President
Penner farms near Hillsboro; is also regular columnist for Kansas Farmer.
- Ag Supporters Being Urged to Fight Senate Bill 411
Proposed legislation would change funding for programs offered by Kansas State University Research and Extension.
- Kansas Tops Nation in Rate of Milk Production Growth
USDA statistics show Kansas dairy growth totals 7.3%; Kansas is third in overall pounds of milk production with value of $592 million in 2013.
- Older Workers, Employers To be Honored with Awards
Awards program open for nominees through March 31; ceremony will be April 24 in Topeka.
- Original Copy of Topeka Constitution Available
Copy discovered by Friends of the Free State Capitol from Constitution Hall Topeka; copy now available at Kansas Memory.
- Want To Support Rural Mail Carriers? Mail a Letter This Week
Postal Service conducting "mail count" from Feb. 22 to March 7; volume plays role in pay scale for rural carriers.
- Soil Health Is Key to Sustainability
Dwayne Beck tells No-till on the Plains attendees that getting back to the basics means concentrating on conservation, soil health.
- Minor in Grain Science Now Available As Distance Education
Stand-alone minors offered to any student or graduate of accredited four-year university.
- Cattledog Clinic Coming Up In March
Ranchers, farmers, cattledog owners of all levels welcome at NCA Cattledog Clinic.
- Exports Gain in 2013; Ag and Food Leads Way
Kansas companies export $12.5 billion worth of merchandise for the year; nation sees total of $2.3 trillion.