- Extreme Cold Hurts Cattle Reproduction
The record-breaking arctic cold experienced throughout the region this winter could mean less productive breeding among beef cattle this spring.
- Cover Crops Can Hold Phosphorous
Cover crops and vegetative systems in agriculture can tie up phosphorus in a stable phosphorus form that remains in the soil which can increase phosphorus use efficiency.
- Census Data Shows Big Gains For Ohio Ag
Preliminary results depict climbing market values, more acres in agricultural production with Ohio outpacing the nation.
- Drainage Plays Big Role In Crop Profits
Overholt Drainage School offers the latest technology in water management on agricultural lands.
- Tool Calculates Organic Matter
Spreadsheet based calculator can help farmers improve production and save money while improving soil quality.
- 4-H Boosts Interest In Science
New study shows 4-H involvement offers many benefits down the road.
- Weeds Provide Challenge To Organic Corn Growers
Demand is strong for organic grains. Weed control can be one of the biggest challenges for producers.
- Women Farmers Gather To Strengthen Leadership Role
More than 9,000 women operate farms in Ohio. Meeting offers them chance to pick up new ideas as they continue to build their brand, improve their businesses and expand their opportunities.
- Conferences Cultivate Small Farm Success
Small-farm owners interested in expansion or increased efficiency and landowners new to agriculture can learn entrepreneurial tips from agricultural experts.
- Big World Needs Big Class
Ohio State's Introduction to Environmental Science pulls in nearly 300,000 students from around the world.