- Indiana State Fair Coliseum Officially Reopens
Dignitaries and large crowd on hand to check out new Indiana State Fair Coliseum building.
- Small Electric Motor Makes Planter Maintenance Easier
Getting the planter ready for the field is tedious job, but small motor helps.
- Effects of Farm Bill Begin to Show Up in Conservation Programs
Farm bill money for wildlife habitat improvement channels through USDA's EQIP.
- Handle Residue Piles Before You Till or Plant
Winter left residue piles where water accumulated and moved residue.
- Avoid Seedling Damage from Nitrogen Applications this Spring
Situation could be set to see more N damage to seedlings this year.
- Fifth Graders, Pine Tree Seedlings and Soil Conservation
Johnson County Soil and Water Conservation group asks kids to educate kids.
- Think Like a Plant Before Applying Pop-up Fertilizer
The risk is burning and injury if you apply too much of certain types of fertilizer.
- Poll Says Farmers May Cut Back on Nitrogen Rates in 2014
Zeroing in on right rate of nitrogen for corn is a tough task.
- Are You Applying Enough Nitrogen for Top Economic Corn Yields?
Midwest farmer poll raises questions about why many are applying fairly low rates of nitrogen.
- Winter Wheat is Greening Up and Growing
The Feekes Scale is most commonly used to determine stages of wheat growth.