- Iowa Farmland Value Reaches Historic $8,716 Statewide Average For 2013
Average value of Iowa farmland is $8,716 per acre in 2013, an increase of 5.1% from 2012, according to ISU's annual survey.
- Newly Revised Corn Growing Field Guide Now Available
Updated version of this handy reference guide from Iowa State University Extension can be purchased online.
- Where Do Iowa Political Candidates Stand On Renewable Fuels?
Iowa Renewable Fuels Association will hold a forum on Dec. 19 for candidates running in primary election for U.S. Senate seat.
- Iowa Farmers Are Concerned About Herbicide-Resistant Weeds
New ISU survey shows farmers in Iowa are changing their weed management practices to deal with this issue.
- Iowa Now Has 13 Registered E15 Ethanol Stations
Number of gas stations offering 15% ethanol blend keeps increasing in Iowa, as higher blends of ethanol are growing in popularity.
- Iowa Corn Growers Defend RFS In Washington D.C.
ICGA is reminding growers to submit comments to EPA on proposed reduction in Renewable Fuel Standard.
- Put Soybeans Back Into Your Crop Rotation
Is it time to increase the ratio of soybean acres to corn acres in your rotation?
- Iowa Faces A Problem With Anti-Ag Attitude Of More Residents
An increasing number of people don't fully support the farming industry, a well-known farm advocate tells Iowa Farm Bureau annual meeting.
- Iowa Watershed Projects Selected For Water Quality Funding
Eight watershed demonstration projects will focus on adoption of practices outlined in Iowa Nutrient Reduction Strategy.
- Monsanto Rural Hunger Volunteer Month Helps Combat Hunger
Monsanto volunteers are helping put food on the table this holiday season.