- TB Found In North Dakota Dairy Heifer
State and federal veterinarians launch an investigation to determine the source and to prevent its spread.
- Thinking Of Planting Earlier Corn Hybrids Next Year?
Don't base select on what happened in November, warns Peterson Farms Seed corn expert.
- Keep Records of Weather-Related Losses
Both versions of Farm Bill contain reauthorization of lapsed disaster programs, but you'll need good records to be eligible for aid.
- Beet Payments Drop From $60 to $38 Per Ton
Industry in "full out crisis"...nobody is going to make money this year," says American Crystal board chairman.
- Grain Bin Rescuers
South Dakota Wheat Growers High Angle Rope Rescue teams can get victims down from the top of grain bins.
- S.D. Crop Budgets Show Negative Return For Corn In 2014
SDSU currently estimates per acre losses at $35 for corn following soybeans and $95 for corn following corn.
- S.D. Farm Bureau Raises $68,000 For Blizzard Victims
Fund will provide financial assistance for immediate needs of ranch families.
- USFW Aims To Protect Prairie Butterflies
Rule would prohibit grassland conversion in areas designated as critical habitat for the two species.
- Winter May Be Colder Than Average
New outlook leans toward colder than average temperatures in the North Dakota and northern South Dakota.
- Dwayne Beck's Crop Rotation Rules
The manager of the Dakota Lakes Research Farm says there are some rotation rules that will help you select crops and sequences.