Fiber research and consumer marketing play two of the important roles in Cotton Incorporated's $81 million budget in 2009. The U.S. Department of Agriculture has approved both Cotton Incorporated's budget and the Cotton Board's budget for the year.
The Cotton Board's budget will be $4.68 million in 2009. Cotton Incorporated's budget will be made up of $78 million in program funding and $3.1 million in supplemental funding, for a total of $81.1 million.
Here is the way Cotton Incorporated has allocated spending in its 2009 budget:
• Fiber Research Committee… $17.2 million
• Product Research and Development… $10.2 million
• Global Strategy and Implementation…$14.1 million
• Consumer Marketing Committee… $31.8 million
• Administration… $4.45 million
• Supplemental funding… $3.1 million.
The Cotton Board is funded by America's cotton producers and importers through the cotton check-off and serves as administrator of the Cotton Research and Promotion Program.
For more information, visit www.cottonboard.org.