The training will explain how to apply for:
- Agricultural Development and Diversification grants from the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection
- Value Added Producer grants from the U.S. Department of Agriculture Rural Development
- The Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education program, from the USDA Cooperative State Research, Education and Extension Service
These programs provide funds for research and development, planning, and working capital to farmers and farmer-based businesses.
The workshop schedule:
Menasha - Tuesday, Oct.,21, 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Heckrodt Wetland Reserve Nature Center, 1305 Plank Road. To register, contact Fred Depies, firstname.lastname@example.org, 920-418-2718; or Glacierland Resource Conservation and Development Council, 920-465-3006.
Eau Claire - Friday, Nov. 7, 9:30 a.m.- 2:30 p.m., Washington Town Hall, 5750 Old Town Hall Road. To register, contact: Pam Herdrich, Pam.Herdrich@wi.usda.gov, 715-834-9672, or River Country Resource Conservation and Development Council, 715-834-9672 or 800-226-9672.
The $10 registration fee includes lunch and materials.
Workshop sponsors are:
- Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection
- Glacierland Resource Conservation and Development Council
- River Country Resource Conservation and Development Council
- Michael Fields Agricultural Institute
- USDA-Rural Development
- UW-Extension Agricultural Innovation Center