Trimble has announced a new phone app to make managing fleets simpler by enabling managers and technicians to access fleet information from any location.
With the Connected Farm Fleet app, managers can track the location of vehicles, receive geo-fence and curfew alerts, analyze vehicle status (such as idling, moving, working or delayed) and view historical positions.
The new app is part of Trimble's growing Connected Farm solution, an integrated operations management solution that provides information exchange across the entire farm.
Features of the Connected Farm Fleet app include:
• View the position and status of each vehicle overlaid on background imagery or road maps
• Map the locations of landmarks (such as structures, storage locations, irrigation/drainage, etc.) and view them for reference when navigating in remote areas
• Use turn-by-turn navigation to locate vehicles from your current position
• Receive geo-fence and curfew alerts
• View historical positions
The free Connected Farm Fleet app is expected to be available in the third quarter of 2013 and is compatible with a variety of smartphones and tablets using an iOS or Android operating system. To download the app, visit www.connectedfarm.com.
To view fleet information on the app, customers will need to purchase Trimble's vehicle management service as well as a DCM-300 modem with data cellular service for each vehicle that will be tracked.
Customers can use a demo function to explore the features provided before subscribing to the service. For more information visit: www.trimble.com/agriculture.