You may already be a fan of RFD –TV. But if you aren't a regular watcher, you probably should check out a new "I Am Angus" program coming up for first airing at 7 p.m. on Oct. 18 on the RFD network.
Barb Downey with Downey Ranch in Wamego is one of the people included on the program.
The American Angus Association is the sponsor of the programming that will bring the hour-long program to TV on Oct. 18. It celebrates the contributions of America's ranching industry, with profiles of people from across the country whose lives are defined by Angus cattle and Angus beef.
"This is the first of four I Am Angus programs that will air this fall and winter, and we're excited to tell the positive story of American agriculture," says Bryce Schumann, Association CEO. "The American Angus Association is committed to taking a strong, multimedia approach to communicating the value of Angus cattle and to visually sharing the stories of farmers and ranchers through these beautiful — and impactful — new segments."
Other people appearing on the program include:
- Joe Leathers, manager of the 6666 Ranch, Guthrie, Texas
- Minnie Lou Bradley, Bradley 3 Ranch, Memphis, Texas
- Chuck Schroeder, National Cowboy Hall of Fame, Oklahoma City, Okla.
- Doug Ensign, Mission Creek Ranch, Livingston, Mont.
- Lynne Sherrod, Sherrod Ranch, Collbran, Colo.
- Frank Champion Murphy, artist, Glen Ellyn, Illinois
- John and Judy Griswold, Nero's Grill, Nashville, Tenn.
For more information about Angus cattle and the American Angus Association's programs and services, visit www.angus.org.