You have plenty of opportunities this month to learn about the options available in the Conservation Reserve Program. A CRP general sign-up, the first in several years, continues until Aug. 27.
Five entities, led by the Nebraska chapter of Pheasants Forever, are sponsoring information meetings across the state through Aug. 18. Also assisting are Quail Forever, the Nebraska Game and Parks Commission and USDA's Natural Resources Conservation Service and Farm Service Agency.
Wildlife biologists at the meetings will explain CRP benefits.
The dates are locations of the remaining meetings in the series are:
• Aug. 4, Alliance and Franklin
• Aug. 5, Auburn, Bridgeport, Central City, Hays Springs, Howells, Tecumseh
• Aug. 6, Beaver City
• Aug. 9, Fairbury, Greeley, Ithaca, Lexington, Norfolk, North Platte, Red Cloud
• Aug. 10, Albion, Brady, Broken Bow, Curtis, Edgar, Farnam, Hartington, Humboldt, Lincoln, McCook, Spencer, Superior
• Aug. 11, Creighton, Deshler, Grant, Kearney, Imperial, Neligh, Seward, Syracuse, Wallace
• Aug. 12, Bartlett, Beatrice, Brule, Burwell, Hayes Center, Loup City, Martinsburg, Ogallala, Ord, Sutherland, Trenton, Wilber
• Aug. 13, Valentine
• Aug. 16, Arnold, Grand Island, St. Paul
• Aug. 17, O'Neill
• Aug. 18, Ainsworth, Alma
Call Pheasants Forever at 308-754-5339 or go to www.NebraskaPF.com. You can also call your local NRCS office for information.