After years of building tough, budget-priced compact and utility tractors for Montana, McCormick, TAFF and FarmTrac, South Korean tractor builder LS Corp., a subsidiary of LS Mtron, LTD, has launched its own brand -- LS Tractors USA.
The new lineup runs from 23 horsepower to 88 hp and includes six series of machines to cover that range with Mitsubishi diesel engines in all but the largest, which is powered with an Iveco diesel. They are:
* S-Series: 28.5 hp, synchro-shuttle transmission, two models.
* J-Series: 23-27 hp, gear and hydrostat transmissions, three models.
* I-Series: 23-29 hp, synchro-shuttle and hydrostat transmissions, four models.
* R-Series: 35-41 hp., synchro-shuttle and hydrostat transmission, four models.
* U-Series: 47-57 hp., synchro shuttle, four models.
* P-Series: 72-88 hp. synchro shuttle and power shuttle with hi/lo, nine models.
The tractors carry a five-year warranty
LS Tractors already has 25,000 units operating in the U.S. under varying names for which it has manufactured. Now, it is opening its own headquarters and distribution facility in Battleboro, N.C. which includes a 102,000 square-foot building on 18 acres.
LS officials say they plan to hire 130 employees over the next five years, establish a dealer network across the country, and place the company in the top five tractor manufacturers in North America.
For more information, visit www.lstractorsusa.com.