Successful grant applicants represent a cross-section of the population and include educational and community groups and collaborative community partners who share a desire to improve community health and build community, said Neier, who provided a list of 2013 Kansas Health Foundation community garden grant recipients (listed alphabetically by community, followed by the name of their garden and sponsoring organization (if different than the name of the garden):
* Bennington: Bennington Community Garden, United Church of Bennington.
* Colby: Thomas County Community Garden, NW KS Council on Substance Abuse.
* Gardner: Gardner Community Garden, Knights of Columbus, Council 10407.
* Goodland: Goodland Community Garden, City of Goodland.
* Great Bend: Garden of Eatin', Community Christian Church.
* Highland: Community of Highland Neighborhood Garden, USD 111.
* Kansas City: 1) Hillcrest Community Garden, Hillcrest Transitional Housing and, 2) Oakwood Community Garden, Kim Wilson Housing, Inc.
* Larned: Larned PRIDE Community Garden.
* Lawrence: PermaCommons Community Garden, Sustainability Action Network, LLC.
* Lenexa: 1) St Paul's Community Garden, St. Paul's United Methodist Church, and 2) SMUUCh Community Garden, Shawnee Mission Unitarian Universalist Church.
* Lindsborg: Bethany College Green Team, Bethany College Community Garden.
* Lyndon: Lyndon PRIDE Community Garden, Lyndon PRIDE Program.
* Lyons: Lyons School Community Garden, USD 405.
* Manhattan: Collins Lane Site, Manhattan Community Garden, UFM Community Learning Center.
* McLouth: Lake Dabinawa Association Community Garden, Lake Dabinawa's Association.
* Mound City: Feed My Sheep Garden, Mound City United Methodist Church.
* Moundridge: Sharing and Caring Community Garden, Newton Church of the Brethren.
* Mulvane: Mulvane Community Garden.
* Newton: Sharing and Caring Community Garden, Newton Church of the Brethren.
* Olathe: 1) Community Garden at the Center of Grace, Johnson County Extension Education Foundation, and 2) Johnson County WIC Community Garden, Partners in Public Health, Inc.
* Ottawa: Coffey County Community Garden, COF Training Services, Inc.
* Overland Park: God's Community Garden, Colonial Presbyterian Church.
* Paola: Paola Community Garden of Hope.
* Parker: Parker Community Garden, City of Parker.
* St. Francis: St. Francis Community Garden, St. Francis Hoop House Project.
* Sublette: Sublette Community Garden, Haskell County Extension Office.
* Topeka: 1) Historic Old Town Community Garden, Trinity Lutheran Church; 2) YW Empowerment Garden, YWCA.
* Wichita: 1) Inner-City Garden, Episcopal Social Services, Breakthrough Club; 2) Sunflower Community Garden; 3) Uptown Organic Community Garden, Uptown Neighborhood Association.
* Williamsburg: Williamsburg Community Garden, Williamsburg United Methodist Church.
* Wilson: Wilson Community Garden, Wilson PRIDE, Inc.