Need to catch up? Here are some stories you might have missed this week.
1. Big week for the farm bill. The House this week approved a new $950 billion, five-year farm bill. It now moves to the Senate, where consideration is expected early next week. Farm Futures (Also see what others are saying with our farm bill coverage recap.)
2. Country of Origin Labeling disagreement is still huge. The National Cattlemen's Beef Association and National Pork Producers Council said they can't support the farm bill simply because of its failure to end COOL. Beef Producer
3. Reid ready to derail fast track trade legislation. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid has suggested he will not bring legislation to the floor that would grant President Obama greater trade powers. The Hill
4. Propane problems continue. Extreme temps and extreme propane shortages mean drastic measures for some Midwestern states. Associated Press & Farm Progress
5. School ag funding still scarce. It's a problem several schools nationwide are facing – how to hang on to funding for agriculture and FFA programs. The Press-Enterprise
6. Architecture nerds, unite. Check out these fascinating photos of the abandoned first campus of the Boyce Thompson Institute for Plant Research in Weschester County, N.Y. Daily Mail
7. Chipotle says new films are 'satire.' Chipotle announced plans this week to produce a short film series for Hulu that focuses on a fictional animal feed company. Farm Progress & Bloomberg Business Week
And your bonus:
Glittering gaffe: The Oklahoma Dept. of Agriculture received a festive surprise in the mail this week, but they didn't find it amusing. KFOR-4
"Helloooo ladies!" Yes I know this is technically nine stories. But for good measure, you'll find Chevy's new Super Bowl commercial below…just in case you want to watch it again. Beef Producer
As always, keep up throughout the week with daily ag news and markets updates by visiting us on Twitter or Facebook.