Continuous corn production presents special agronomic challenges for farmers. Monsanto is sponsoring two Genuity Corn-on-Corn Clinics in Iowa on Tuesday and Wednesday, July 31 and Aug. 1, 2012. These meetings will provide farmers with management recommendations from academic and other industry experts for maximizing yield potential associated with corn-on-corn acres.
These events are scheduled from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., including lunch, and are open to farmers at no charge. Participants can register online at either of these clinics by visiting www.Genuity.com/Corn-on-Corn-Clinic.
* July 31: Spencer, Iowa - Clay County Regional Events Center, 800 W. 18th Street
* Aug. 1: Cascade, Iowa - Knights of Columbus, 1405 Columbus Avenue SE
Presenters at both Genuity Corn-on-Corn Clinics will be:
* Disease Management - Dr. Alison Robertson, Iowa State University Associate Professor/Extension Field Crop Pathologist
* Insect Management - To be announced
* Fertility Management - Kyle Freeman, New Product Development with Mosaic * Company, a leader in the phosphate and potash industry
* Residue Management - Steve Petersen, Monsanto End Use Manager
There will also be a panel of Iowa farmers at each clinic discussing their experiences with continuous corn production, followed by questions and answers. Farmer attendees will be entered into a drawing to win a $500 Cabela's gift certificate at each event.