Nine nominees have been certified for the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board Board of Directors election, the Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection announced April 24.
All dairy producers who live within the eight districts up for election will be mailed ballots by DATCP. Elections will be held from May 8 through May 24, 2006. Producers who do not receive a ballot by May 8 should call Noel Favia at DATCP at (800) 942-2474. Results will be announced in June.
In District 14, DATCP has announced that a special write-in election will be held since no candidate filed certification papers prior to the deadline.
The following districts and candidates are:
- District 2 Connie Seefeldt of Coleman
- District 5 Kay Zwald of Hammond
- District 8 Sandi Cihlar of Mosinee
- District 11 Robert Letter of Seymour; Daniel R. Angotti, Jr. of Kaukauna
- District 14 No candidates: write-in election
- District 17 Rosalie M. Geiger of Reedsville
- District 20 Bradford A. McCauley of Viola; Sharon Laubscher of Wonewoc
- District 23 Jay Stauffacher of Darlington
The 25-member WMMB Board of Directors guides financial affairs and forms policies for WMMB. In addition, the directors approve WMMB's mission and serve on one of two committees - Cheese Business or Communications and Local Promotions. All WMMB programs are funded by checkoff dollars from Wisconsin dairy producers. Directors spend an average of 200 hours per year on WMMB activities. For more information on director's roles and responsibilities, go to producer.wisdairy.com.