The National Mastitis Council announces the release of its commemorative book. The commemorative book is a collection of the past 50 years of mastitis control, milk quality, and the history of the National Mastitis Council, personal recollections from current and past members as well as a look at what the future of milk quality holds.
The National Mastitis Council is a not-for-profit professional organization devoted to reducing mastitis and enhancing milk quality. The NMC promotes research and provides information to the dairy industry on udder health, milking management, milk quality, and milk safety. Founded in 1961, NMC now has about 1,500 members in more than 40 countries throughout the world. The NMC is headquartered in Wisconsin.
The Council goals
• Provides a forum for the international exchange of information relating to mastitis control and milk quality
• Develops and publishes educational materials including books, brochures and audio visuals on udder health, milking management and milk quality
• Establishes guidelines for mastitis control methods
• Develops protocols for determining effectiveness of mastitis control products
• Monitors changes in technology relating to udder health and milk quality
• Holds meetings and provides continuing education opportunities
• Helps fund the National Mastitis Research Foundation
"Through the years the National Mastitis Council (NMC) has grown from humble beginnings into an organization of internationally recognized experts in the field of milk quality," says Sheila Andrew, president of NMC. "As you read this historical tribute, we hope it reminds you of the great strides in mastitis research, the importance of the original five-point plan and how NMC has been successful in providing current, science-based educational information to generations of dairy producers and their consultants for more than 50 years."
Special thanks are given to everyone who contributed to this book, including past presidents, members, staff, sponsors and industry publications. Sponsors include: A&L Laboratories, Inc., Alltech, Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica, Inc., BouMatic, DairyBusiness Communications, Dairy Farmers of America, Inc., Dairy Herd Management, Dairy Today, DeLaval, Inc., Ecolab Inc., Elanco Animal Health, Filament Marketing, GEA Farm Technologies, Inc., Hoard's Dairyman, IDEXX Laboratories, Land O'Lakes, Inc., Lauren AgriSystems, Pfizer Animal Health and Progressive Dairyman.
You can view a copy of the commemorative booklet at: http://bit.ly/MXkO46.
NMC is a professional organization devoted to reducing mastitis and enhancing milk quality. NMC promotes research and provides information to the dairy industry on udder health, milking management, and milk quality and milk safety. Founded in 1961, NMC has close to 1,500 members in more than 40 countries throughout the world.