The Beef Industry Vision Award was established to recognize the best beef innovator of the year. The recipient is an individual whose innovation has been incorporated into his or her operation, and has enhanced the individual business and the cattle industry overall. Nominees are evaluated on the basis of effective use of technology, impact on production costs, ingenuity of implementation, innovative marketing, impact on the industry and optimum resource management.
The following finalists for the 2006 Vision Award have been selected:
- Stevenson Basin Angus, Hobson, Mont.
- Dr. Kent Haden, MFA Inc., Columbia, Mo.
- Bud Adams, Jr., Adams Ranch, Fort Pierce, Fla.
- John Brethour, Kansas State University Ag Research Center, Hays, Kan.
- Dean Davis, Pingree Design, Greeley, Colo.
- Jim Odle and Phillip Jeffers, Superior Livestock, Fort Worth, Texas
- Roy Moore, Maverick Ranch Natural Meats, Denver, Colo.
- Michael and Phillip Mosner, David Mosner, Inc., Bronx, N.Y.
The Beef Industry Vision Award is presented by the National Cattlemen's Foundation and is sponsored by Micro Beef Technologies. Last year's winner was Jim Schwertner of Capital Land and Livestock in Schwertner, Texas. Schwertner was recognized for his involvement in innovative efforts such as the Vac 45 program, known in the industry as Schwertner Select, Beef Advantage and Consolidated Beef Producers.
The 2006 national winner will be announced on Saturday, Feb. 4, at the Grand Finale Evening Event at the Cattle Industry Annual Convention and Trade Show in Denver.