Some 25 college students from across Pennsylvania now have an extra $3,500 stuffed into their college expense accounts. On Tuesday, the Pennsylvania Farm Show Scholarship Foundation presented them with $3,500 scholarships during festivities at the Farm Show in Harrisburg.
“The Pennsylvania Farm Show consists of new and old traditions, the tradition of presenting the Farm Show Scholarships to the new generations of agriculture paints the prefect picture of some of Pennsylvania’s best,” said State Ag Secretary George Greig, “The scholarships are only possible due to the dedication and support of the scholarship foundation, its members, contributors and livestock buyers.”
The scholarship funds are matched for Delaware Valley College recipients. Penn State’s College of Agricultural Sciences offers $2,000 to its full-time students.
The 2014 Farm Show Scholarship recipients are:
• Joy Beam, Elverson, Chester Co.
• Angela Becker, East Millsboro, Fayette Co.
• Kara Dunmire, Monongahela, Washington Co.
• Elle Enos, Rockwood, Somerset Co.
• Kristin Harriger, Brookville, Jefferson Co.
• Neil Hickman, Kittanning, Armstrong Co.
• Katie Jo Kasanicky, Leechburg, Armstrong Co.
• Megan Keller, Waterfall, Fulton Co.
• Ethan Knopsnider, White, Fayette Co.
• Victoria Macatee, Northampton, Northampton Co.
• Stephen McFall, Smethport, McKean County
• Samantha McKinney, Rebersburg, Centre Co.
• Steven Meyer, Warfordburg, Fulton Co.
• Olivia Mullen, Ebensburg, Cambria Co.
• Kayce Myers, Wellsville, York Co.
• Kaytee Norris, Hopewell, Bedford Co.
• Brennan Register, Mill Hall, Clinton Co.
• Kayla Romberger, Pitman, Schuylkill Co.
• Melissa Sarnicke, McMurray, Washington Co.
• Cole Seaman, Grantville, Lebanon Co.
• Rehanna Stepnoski, Doylestown, Bucks Co.
• Collin Stolzfus, Berlin, Somerset Co.
• Kayla Wright, Cassville, Huntingdon Co.
• Hannah Zundel, New Alexandria, Westmoreland Co.
• Abigail Zyhowski, Indiana, Indiana Co.
Pennsylvania Farm Show runs through Saturday, Jan. 11 at the Farm Show Complex and Expo Center on Harrisburg’s north edge. Admission is free and parking is $10. For more information, visit www.farmshow.state.pa.us .