- USDA Detects Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea Virus
National Pork Board says disease poses no risk to food safety or humans
- Traders Might Find Cattle on Feed Report Bearish
April placements of cattle on feed up 15%; May 1 cattle on feed inventory down 3%.
- 7 Things You Might Have Missed This Week
Farm Bill, organic crop insurance expansion and a recipe for a good 'pie'
- Drought Monitor Reflects Few Improvements
Few significant improvements appear on Drought Monitor, but spotty showers bring short term relief
- House Ag Committee Passes 2013 Farm Bill
The House Ag Committee passes farm bill 36-10 in 10 hours of debate.
- Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act
Water Resources Bill includes infrastructure upgrade provisions that could benefit ag industry
- Get Set For Montana Conservation Workshops Next Month
Professionals are invited to CRP sessions Jun 19-20.
- USDA Using Social Media To Target SNAP Fraud
USDA is working with state investigators to monitor open data for SNAP fraud
- Vilsack Releases 'New Vision' For Organic Ag
Plan includes expanded crop insurance options, new price elections
- New Emergency USDA Loans Target Six Montana Counties
Vilsack approves action on heels of natural disaster.