- Percent of Land Area in Drought Edges Up Slightly
After several weeks of decline, drought steals back some land area
- Planting Decisions May Be Changing with the Weather
DuPont Pioneer research finds even in late May planting situations, full-season hybrids may still be best choice
- USDA Crop Progress Report: How Does Very Little Sound?
Not much more corn has gone into the ground in the past week, at least in this report.
- Livestock Call by John Otte
Texas feed yards sell $1 lower, Choice cutout sets another record high, pork packers squeezed between tight hog supply and tight margins
- Wet, Cold Weather Slows Crop Progress
USDA reports corn planting is well behind the five-year average, even for Southern states.
- Morning Market Review by Bryce Knorr
Traders weigh this week's planting progress for corn against delays from next weather system. (These comments are updated by 7:30 a.m. Central Time)