- Record-Breaking Attendance at 2014 Commodity Classic
More than 7,300 people attend 19th annual event
- Pork Farmers Reiterate Optimism in Spite of PEDv
Pork Checkoff survey finds most producers are comfortable with the direction of the pork industry
- School Lunch Critique, Ag Coexistence and Stressed Out Cows
7 stories you might have missed this week
- Study: Predators Can Delay Pest Resistance to Bt Crops
Natural enemies are important for suppressing pest populations, study finds.
- Plant Extracts Hold Promise In Combating PRRS and E. Coli
U of I researchers fed three plant extract additives to swine populations and observed their effects on PRRS and E.Coli.
- Cows With Post-Traumatic Stress Symptoms?
Oregon State Research suggests cows witnessing wolf attacks suffer symptoms similar to PTSD
- Mixed Feelings on USDA's Coexistence Report
Ag groups weigh in on USDA's efforts to expand agreement among ag stakeholders
- House Bill Would Prevent Future Producer Info Leaks
Four House members introduce companion bill to S. 1343 to bar the EPA from releasing specific info of agricultural producers to the public
- Basics of the New Dairy Insurance Program
Missouri economist suggests new dairy programs in 2014 farm bill may require more planning, but they don't have to be complicated
- Five States Join Missouri in Egg Lawsuit
Nebraska, Alabama, Oklahoma, Kentucky and Iowa join Missouri in lawsuit opposing California's egg import standards