- Churning Up U.S. Waters
What is really going on with EPA's proposed rule regarding provisions of the Clean Water Act? Farm organizations take different stances on the impact.
- Farmers Say that Conservation is Cool
Anti-ag forces say that farmers are wasteful and greedy, but in reality, farmers today see conservation as trendy.
- Climate Change From A Faith-based Perspective
Farmers need to help find solutions to cope with climate change, says a discussion at a church in Ames.
- The Friday Five: April Fool's Edition
Data, 'waters of the U.S.', CAFOs and webinars: here are five links to catch you up on food and agriculture this week.
- Showing Consumers the Face of the American Farmer
"Farmland" documentary aims to address consumer concerns and illustrate the realities of farming from six different perspectives.
- Last Price Update Before Planting
Key pieces to the 2014 grain price puzzle are falling into place. Find out what the big picture looks like at a Farm Futures webinar April 7.
- Which Way Will Your Tip: More Corn Or Soybeans?
While recent corn and soybean market gyrations may not change your crop mix, you can impact buying/selling decisions with this advance knowledge.
- They Came, They Heard, But They Didn't Listen
Nebraska Unicameral misses opportunity to ease property tax burden.
- USDA April Crop Report And Your Bottom Line
Join the April 7 webinar hosted by The Farmer's sister publication, Farm Futures, to learn how global markets may impact spring planting.
- Women in Agriculture Hold the Future of Many Farms
About half of the farmland in the U.S. is owned or co-owned by women.