- Your Comments Are Wanted On New GMO Seeds
Public comments on a new biotech seed and weed control system make for interesting reading.
- A Network That Works For Irrigators
They save water and energy costs while sharing data.
- The Friday Five: Olympic Edition
Chipotle? FFA? PED? What? Five links that will catch you up on what's been happening this week in food and agriculture.
- On the Road Learning What's New
Whew, it's been a busy couple weeks – covering new products at the National Farm Machinery Show in Louisville, Pheasant Fest in Milwaukee and DuPont Pioneer Media Day in Johnston, Iowa
- Super-Sized Equipment Not Suited for Highly Erodible Ground
Matching machinery size to soil conservation needs on Iowa's steep slopes.
- What's In The Farm Bill 'Bag' For You
Hundreds of groups thanked Congress for finally getting the Farm Bill done. Here's a peek at what's in it for Northeast farmers.
- Farmers Like the New Farm Bill; Activists Cry Foul
Some things never change when it comes to Congress, farmers and environmentalists.
- Farm policy from the grassroots
Loads of information, delegate votes on policy, keynote speeches highlight American Farm Bureau Convention.
- A Shift In Beef Cow Numbers Over The Years
After several periods of drought, cow-calf numbers in the Gyp Hills have declined over the years. Southeast Kansas is where cow-calf herds dominate.
- Bright Future For Corn, But Does Danger Lurk Around Every Corner?
At the S.D. corn convention, speakers say there's plenty of profit potential in corn -- but many political and regulatory challenges are coming.