- Really, Really Clinging to Spring
Did it snow at your house this weekend? Is it officially the longest winter yet? Or does it just feel like it?
- The Promise of the Prairie
The cold winds are blowing again, but take heart in this image: it will be spring eventually and you'll be planting corn eventually.
- It’s Time to Count Our Blessings
2013 has been a challenging year, but there is still much to be grateful for.
- Families Growing Our Food: Melons and More for Helgoth Family
For decades, the Helgoth family has been providing locally-raised produce to their loyal customers.
- It's Time To Install Central Air
Climate change is real – the growing season in central Wisconsin is three weeks longer than it was in 1950.
- Can't Plant? Put Your Empty Fields To Good Use
Cover crops and conservation practice construction can be an option for farmers unable to plant corn or soybeans this spring.
- Lotsa Corn Planting, Little Sleeping
The past week has been a blur, as Illinois farmers set records planting corn. Has anybody slept at your house?
- Is This Heaven?
No. It's Iowa, where it snowed heavily May 2 and 3. What will happen to corn planted right before the big snow?
- Welcome to the New Normal in Crop Farming
Late planting has a whole new meaning.