- Master Farmer Spirit Is In The Air
The class of 2014 features Phyllis and Roy Bardole from Rippey; Brian and Cindy Kemp from Sibley; Ann and Marlyn Jorgensen from Garrison; and Gene and Marita Rouse from Huxley.
- It's Master Farmer Season
Farm Progress publications have been honoring the 'cream of the crop' since the 1920s.
- In Search Of An Original Ohio Master Farmer
The first Master Farmer winners were awarded gold medallions. Today’s winners get bronze plaques.
- Five Things Farmers Said
Day 20 of 30 Days: Farmers say the darnedest things, and sometimes they change your entire way of thinking. There may even be a bonus #6 today!
- Take Time to Appreciate the Good Things About Farming
Some still prefer a simpler time than today’s hectic pace.
- He Was Growing Cover Crops Before Covers Were Cool
Iowa lost one of its pioneers in sustainable agriculture, Dick Thompson, co-founder of Practical Farmers of Iowa, who died Aug. 17 at age 81.
- What Innovation Is On Your Wish List?
Self-loading pigs and automatic rock pickers on tillage equipment are what these master farmers dream about.
- Ode to the Fair Board Member
A lot of people work hard for precious little thanks during fair season. Here's a tip of the hat to the fair board member.
- What's the Payback on Precision Ag Technology?
Brian Watkins has seen a terrific ROI with precision ag tech on his farm. He's got the data to back it up.
- Fair Season is Here Already!
The summer is flying by and county fairs are well underway.