- Rancher Relief Fund To Distribute $2 Million
Applications and nominations for aid to help those who lost livestock in the early October blizzard are due Dec. 31.
- EPA's Chesapeake Bay 'Backstops' Would Kill Many Small Farms
Many farmers – not just in the Chesapeake Bay watershed – aren't aware of EPA's 'backstops' if their watersheds fail to meet water quality goals.
- You Might Be A Hay Waster If…
Confessions of a livestock owner who wastes hay. Here are a few signs that you too could be a hay waster.
- Creston Community Shows Support Through Roll-Over Sale
Funds raised in memory of T.J. and Nathan Frey will go toward St. Malachy School in Creston.
- Teaching Kids About Ag, Livestock Is Reward of Its Own
Taking grandkids to experience how livestock agriculture works has rewards in all sorts of ways
- What Is Around the Corner?
Drought in 2012. Better production in 2013. What will Mother Nature bring in 2014?
- On the Farm, What's Around the Corner?
There seems to be no time for complacency on the farm, and winter is a good time to take stock in our plans for next season.
- High Voltage Controversy Over Big Power Line
A plan to build an electricity transmission line across Iowa is generating concerns from a number of farmers and other landowners.
- Five Things for Which I Am Thankful
It's Day 28 of 30 Days|FIVE Things and it's Thanksgiving! Thinking beef, turkey, kids and husbands today.
- Five Things I Want My Kids to Know Before They Leave My House
It's Day 27 of 30 Days|FIVE Things: cooking from scratch, balanced meals, livestock, meat and working together. Are you sensing a theme here?!