- Farn Progress Show: Greatest Show Of American Agriculture
Next week's Farm Progress Show is a tech showcase well worth a three-to four-day business/vacation trip to Iowa corn fields.
- The Friday Five: Boots Edition
Politics, muck, Russia, Muck and 14 billion bushels: Here are five links to catch you up on the week in food and agriculture.
- Asparagus and Peony Bushes Say Season Is Still Two Weeks Behind Schedule
Who needs a weatherman when you can judge the season by plant growth?
- King Corn's Secrets To High Yields
Randy Dowdy tells how he produced a 372-bushel-per-acre entry for the National Corn Growers Yield Contest and how he's seen 500 bushels per acre on his yield monitor.
- Tracking Growing Degree Days?
There's an app to help you do it, and this year knowing where you are versus hybrid needs can help you plan ahead.
- Corn Belt Crop Update: Northeast Corn Development Leads Midwest
Northeast corn may be up to two weeks ahead of that in Iowa and central Corn Belt.
- Is This Heaven?
No. It's Iowa, where it snowed heavily May 2 and 3. What will happen to corn planted right before the big snow?