- What's In The Farm Bill 'Bag' For You
Hundreds of groups thanked Congress for finally getting the Farm Bill done. Here's a peek at what's in it for Northeast farmers.
- Randall Reeder Presents Will Rogers
Ohio farmers might want to ask Santa to bring them a copy of this new book capturing the agricultural comments of famed humorist Will Rogers.
- Government Shutdown, Debt Ceiling Put Farm Bill On The Back Burner
Dairy policy, food stamp funding among major issues to be worked out in conference.
- Conservation Compliance Not Always Clear
One thing is clear, if you want to remain eligible for federal farm programs, you best have a determination made before one tree is cut or one puddle drained.
- Farm Bill And Fireworks On 4th of July
Aggravated by gridlock in Washington, Iowa farm leaders urge Congress to pass a new farm bill.
- Are We Listening? Are We Farming Soviet-style?
These references to "Soviet-style" farming throw me, just as statements about President Obama and his socialistic policies.
- Optimism Grows For A 2013 Farm Bill
But the key to a new Farm Bill depends on a floor vote in the House.
- Farmers Don't Wait for Help. They Just Get Things Done
When the chips are down, farmers usually roll up their sleeves and they just get 'er done.