- Showing Consumers the Face of the American Farmer
"Farmland" documentary aims to address consumer concerns and illustrate the realities of farming from six different perspectives.
- They Came, They Heard, But They Didn't Listen
Nebraska Unicameral misses opportunity to ease property tax burden.
- Swedes Take America (In the Nicest Way Possible)
Observations of the visiting Swedish ag journalists may surprise you: read on for their thoughts on livestock, biotech, hormones and semis. Not in that order.
- Confessions of a Farm Wife: Vol. 6
It was a Confessions road trip! We're re-capping Dr. Ron Hanson: farm family relationships, families that don't speak, don't plan, don't give up control and more!
- Your Comments Are Wanted On New GMO Seeds
Public comments on a new biotech seed and weed control system make for interesting reading.
- Hemp or Marijuana, the Similarities Bring Questions
Feds allow research that could benefit pot crops.
- Three States, Two Panels, One Flu
Farmers in separate states, on separate panels, agree: successful farm transitions will better position young farmers for the next era of low prices.
- Tell Legislators to Stand Firm In Support of Agriculture
Environmental groups opposing bills long on scare tactics, short on facts.
- Bright Future For Corn, But Does Danger Lurk Around Every Corner?
At the S.D. corn convention, speakers say there's plenty of profit potential in corn -- but many political and regulatory challenges are coming.
- Lessons from the '80s: Your Most Important Assets
A handful of state Farm Bureau presidents share hard-earned wisdom from the '80s farm crisis. This story personifies them all.