- The Friday Five: Worth the Read
Azodicarbonamide? Pacelle? Dr. Oz? Cartoon? Five links (maybe six!) that will catch you up on what's been happening this week in food and agriculture.
- Super-Sized Equipment Not Suited for Highly Erodible Ground
Matching machinery size to soil conservation needs on Iowa's steep slopes.
- What's In The Farm Bill 'Bag' For You
Hundreds of groups thanked Congress for finally getting the Farm Bill done. Here's a peek at what's in it for Northeast farmers.
- Farmers Like the New Farm Bill; Activists Cry Foul
Some things never change when it comes to Congress, farmers and environmentalists.
- Hemp or Marijuana, the Similarities Bring Questions
Feds allow research that could benefit pot crops.
- Farm policy from the grassroots
Loads of information, delegate votes on policy, keynote speeches highlight American Farm Bureau Convention.
- Bye Bye Hefty Write-off?
Gone is the rich depreciation tax break that had supported capital markets but investing in the farm is still necessary.
- Congress Has Earned Its Reputation
House and Senate negotiators failed to work out a deal on the farm bill before the end of the year.
- Curt's Crystal Clear Ag Predictions for 2014
Forget Nostradamus. Here are my predictions for the farm in the coming New Year.
- Attacks On Corn Ethanol Continue
Iowa Corn Growers and Governor Branstad urge you to let EPA know what you think.