- International Travel is Eye Opener
Getting out of the country can help you better understand global issues in new ways, often from the perspective of residents.
- Pssst: Organic Extremists Think You Don't Exist
You know those ridiculous, extreme, logic-defying arguments you've heard about food production on social media? I think I've talked with their source.
- The Friday Five: Breaking Ground Edition
Pesticides, GM rice, Dr. Oz, gluten-free grocery stores and more: Here are five links to catch you up on the week in food and agriculture.
- Are Biopesticides the Future of Crop Protection?
A lot of big names in crop protection have made investments in ag biologicals. We'll start seeing some new biopesticide products in the future.
- Fall Farm Shows: Taking it all In
In one week I'll be buried in the new tech at the Farm Progress Show, seeing equipment and farm tools that help you produce food for the world.
- When Was the Last Time you Tuned that Sprayer?
You're in the thick of it now trying to finish planting and spraying. . .how do you keep your tech running smoothly?
- Farm Groups Defend Iowa's Nutrient Reduction Plan
Criticism of voluntary farmer-led conservation practices is ill-timed and isn't productive, say Iowa farm leaders.