- Crazy Timing For Ethanol Cutback
Gas prices fall below $3 gallon and corn prices fall below $4 per bushel -- and then we cut back the Renewable Fuel Standard for ethanol?
- Why You Should Chat With Your Extension Educator
Get to know what programs your local educator offers.
- Farm Accidents Hit Home
Farmers may be pressed to finish harvesting, but it's important to consider safety during fall, when more farm accidents occur than any other time of year.
- Safety Above All Else
Harvest is a hot time when you're working on making that annual paycheck, don't make the cost too dear.
- Crop Production: Too Much of a Good Thing is Not a Good Thing
Resistance issues abound in modern crop production, so the answer is to use everything in moderation.
- September Nebraska Farmer Will Weigh Down Your Mailbox
Don't miss the more than 250 total pages in our biggest magazine of the year.
- State Officials Defend Iowa's Nutrient Reduction Strategy
Iowa leaders say voluntary approach to reducing farm runoff will work if given a chance.
- Families Growing Our Food: Rebuilding the Land After Floods
I visited Scott Olson right after Missouri River flood waters receded in 2011, and again at harvest a year later.
- Plenty Of Outdoor Classrooms To Choose From This Summer
It's not just at winter events where you are able continue the learning process.
- Different Soils, Different Winter Wheat
Eastern parts of Kansas, particularly the southeast, grow plenty of soft winter wheat in addition to hard red winter wheat.