- Why Iowa Needs A Farm Bill Now
Iowa leaders remain hopeful Congress will pass a new farm bill before end of the year.
- Conservation Compliance Not Always Clear
One thing is clear, if you want to remain eligible for federal farm programs, you best have a determination made before one tree is cut or one puddle drained.
- How Government Shutdown Affects Farmers
Farm bill expired Oct. 1, same day government shut down.
- Heat, Dryness Take Toll On Soybean Crop
End of summer drought conditions have reduced Iowa's soybean yield potential, as well as corn.
- Will A Good Corn Year Slow Land Prices?
Purdue survey showed large increases in both land value and cash rent from a year ago.
- Farm Bill Shopping List
Sen. Heidi Heitkamp lists 15 things that she thinks the U.S. House and Senate Ag Committee members should put in the Farm Bill.
- Families Growing Our Food: Rebuilding the Land After Floods
I visited Scott Olson right after Missouri River flood waters receded in 2011, and again at harvest a year later.
- Farm Bill And Fireworks On 4th of July
Aggravated by gridlock in Washington, Iowa farm leaders urge Congress to pass a new farm bill.
- Are We Listening? Are We Farming Soviet-style?
These references to "Soviet-style" farming throw me, just as statements about President Obama and his socialistic policies.
- Farm Bill Detractors Tell a Few Whoppers
When it comes to list of Farm Bill waste and subsidies, the facts don't support the claims