- What Kind of Weather Can Iowa Expect In 2014?
We're beginning the New Year with record and near-record low temperatures.
- A Mad Dash To The End of the Year
We're talking farming decisions, not Christmas presents.
- Blizzard Takes Toll On Cattle
Western South Dakota cattlemen have lost 10-20% of their livestock.
- Farmers Await Harvest With Lots of Questions
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde season makes yield outcomes unclear.
- Water Rocks! Ready To Inspire Kids Across Iowa
Water Rocks! is an ISU Extension program designed to inspire kids of all ages to appreciate water resources.
- Will Your Corn Beat The Frost?
August heat advanced crop maturity, but Iowa fields still need more time before Jack Frost arrives.
- Always Plenty New To See And Do At Iowa State Fair
This year's edition of the Iowa State Fair runs Aug. 8 to 18 at state fairgrounds in Des Moines.
- Getting Down And Dirty At Dakota Lakes
Learning about earthworms, crop residue, zone management and Ethiopian mustard at the Dakota Lakes Research Farm's field day.
- Farm Bill Publicity on Christmas Trees Rings False
Christmas Tree growers say Farm Bill issue involved only authorization for check-off; no tax was involved
- Can't Plant? Put Your Empty Fields To Good Use
Cover crops and conservation practice construction can be an option for farmers unable to plant corn or soybeans this spring.