- The Meat Racket
A new book takes you inside the rise of Tyson Foods and how it created the meat industry we have today.
- A Shift In Beef Cow Numbers Over The Years
After several periods of drought, cow-calf numbers in the Gyp Hills have declined over the years. Southeast Kansas is where cow-calf herds dominate.
- Weather Outlook for the Upcoming Growing Season
State climatologist gives his opinion on what the weather could be like this summer.
- What Kind of Weather Can Iowa Expect In 2014?
We're beginning the New Year with record and near-record low temperatures.
- A Christmas Tree In The Making
Growing trees takes patience, trust, resilience and time.
- What Is Around the Corner?
Drought in 2012. Better production in 2013. What will Mother Nature bring in 2014?
- On the Farm, What's Around the Corner?
There seems to be no time for complacency on the farm, and winter is a good time to take stock in our plans for next season.
- Five Things about GMOs
It's Day 26 of 30 Days|FIVE Things: today, here's a look at five common myths regarding biotechnology and the facts behind them.
- It’s Time to Count Our Blessings
2013 has been a challenging year, but there is still much to be grateful for.
- Why Iowa Needs A Farm Bill Now
Iowa leaders remain hopeful Congress will pass a new farm bill before end of the year.