- New Planting Season is Also Time For New Batch of Testing
Corn Illustrated: Farmers, seed companies and educators will test concepts that could help you improve corn production tomorrow.
- Biofuel Industry Refutes UNL Corn Stover Study
Biofuels groups say study improperly assumes stover removal rates, suggests 'extreme modeling assumptions'
- Cool Spring and El Nino Weather Pattern Are on the Horizon
An El Nino weather pattern may surface later this summer.
- Cry3Bb1 Rootworm Resistance Now Confirmed in Five Illinois Counties
With resistance to mCry3A now confirmed, U of I's Mike Gray says aggressively moving forward with BMPs is necessary.
- Could NASA Satellites Predict Agricultural Yields in the Future?
New uses for NASA satellites show Midwest crop productivity; has potential for monitoring, predicting regional yields in the future
- Monsanto Awards Six Corn Rootworm Knowledge Grants
Joe Spencer, at the University of Illinois, is one of this year's recipients.
- Livestock Call by John Otte
Cash cattle bid-ask spread around $4 to $6, feedlots see higher cutouts as reason to ask more, hog futures bounce on lower cold storage stocks
- Afternoon Recap by Bob Burgdorfer
Corn closes lower as rain should end next week
- Morning Market Review by Bryce Knorr
Corn turns higher after overnight weakness; soy lower. (Comments are updated by 7:30 a.m. Central Time)