- Farm Bill, Transportation and RFS: Top Issues At Commodity Classic
Commodity group leadership concerned about more local FSA staff to implement farm bill, tax money for inland waterways, and positive EPA response to RFS industry comments.
- Groups Have Concerns, But Express Optimism Regarding TPP
Japan's demands in Trans-Pacific Partnership deal make livestock and grain groups wary, but they remain supportive of a deal
- USDA Projects 2014 Crop Prices Mostly Lower Than 2013
Continuing relatively low ending stocks and a bit lower expected plantings will keep crop prices sensitive to weather supply shocks both at home and abroad
- Protein, Oil Levels Higher in 2013 Soybean Crop
Checkoff-funded Crop Quality Survey shows less regional variation in protein, oil levels
- Students Present Innovative Biodiesel Research
Innovative program aims to capture new science from young scientists.
- USDA Secretary Vilsack Will Keynote Commodity Classic
2014 will mark the fifth year in a row Vilsack has attended the event
- Brazil Sets Up For Record Soybean Crop
Brazilian Minister of Ag says a harvest of 90 million tons of soybeans is expected, eclipsing USDA's U.S. production estimates of 89.5 million tons
- Rising Herbicide Resistance Concern is Nothing to Ignore
Proliferation of weeds that stand tall after a herbicide application requires new control tactics.
- Soy Checkoff Tackles Herbicide Resistant Weeds
Soy Checkoff organizes new program to increase farmers' awareness of the effects of herbicide-resistant weeds