- Majority of ag groups support new TPA legislation
Long-awaited release of legislation to OK Trade Promotion Authority 'fast track' brings ag support
- Corn Belt just as diverse now as it was in 1930
University of Illinois farmdoc daily asks: Is the Midwest farm economy too specialized? How diverse is Corn Belt agriculture?
- When to plant corn: Waiting on the magic number of 55 degrees F
Corn Illustrated: Farmers who know when to plant corn will have their equipment ready when soils are sufficiently dry and warm.
- When is the best time to plant corn? Here's a novel way to know
When's the right time to plant corn? If the asparagus is coming through the ground, it's warm enough.
- Lighter colored upper leaves may be crop 'photosynthesis hack'
Researchers are determining ways to boost crop production through expanding benefits of photosynthesis and understanding how plants react with light
- Simple demonstration is reminder: Seed corn has a shelf life
Corn Illustrated: Corn seed can last a long time if stored properly, but not forever.
- Give CropPricer a real-time spin
Cash grain farmer developed CropPricer software to track costs and compare marketing marketing options.
- 2014 U.S. ethanol export volumes highest in three years
U.S. exports of fuel ethanol in 2014 reached their second-highest level at a total of 826 million gallons
- National GMO labeling standards bill resurfaces
Bill offered in the House would require the U.S. FDA to create a standard for labeling of foods containing genetically modified ingredients
- How do farmers get huge corn yields? Inquiring minds want to know
Corn Illustrated: What makes 300, 400 and 500 bushel corn yields?