- Montana FSA Alerts End of MILC program, MAL, LDP Deadlines
Dairy program has extra time.
- Signing Up for USDA Livestock Assistance? NCBA Offers Tips
Livestock Disaster Assistance enrollment is now open; the National Cattlemen's Beef Association has tips for working with the USDA FSA
- Livestock Disaster Assistance Sign Up Begins Today
USDA reminds producers to gather receipts, photos and records of honeybee, tree or livestock losses for accurate tabulation by the Farm Service Agency
- Vilsack Says FSA Field Office Closures Not Coming in 2014
USDA Secretary says field office reorganization not about funding cuts, rather funding reprioritization
- USDA Urges Farmers to Register Early for FSA Programs
Advance sign-ups encouraged to avoid the rush.
- Foreigners Holding U.S. Ag Acreage Due to Report
USDA calls for registrations to avoid stiff fines.
- USDA's MILC Program Extended Until Farm Bill's Dairy Margin Protection Implemented
USDA will automatically extend MILC contracts for eligible dairy producers while a new Margin Protection Program is established under the 2014 Farm Bill
- GPS Tools Help Farmers Control Weeds and Other Challenges
Precision management of weeds is a solid step toward better control