- Percent of Land Area in Drought Edges Up Slightly
After several weeks of decline, drought steals back some land area
- Planting Decisions May Be Changing with the Weather
DuPont Pioneer research finds even in late May planting situations, full-season hybrids may still be best choice
- USDA Crop Progress Report: How Does Very Little Sound?
Not much more corn has gone into the ground in the past week, at least in this report.
- Livestock Call by John Otte
Another record-high choice cutout value cannot keep cash and cattle futures from slipping, hogs slip on signs of soft exports in Asia
- Afternoon Recap by Paul Burgener
Wheat and old crop soybeans took losses today as profit taking and better weather weigh on grain prices.
- Morning Market Review by Bryce Knorr
Traders begin to book a little profit before heading home for the holiday weekend. (These comments are updated by 7:30 a.m. Central Time)