- Four Respected Producers Named Master Farmers
Ron Bremmer, Craig Buhrow, Mike Kenyon and Greg Leigh are the 2014 Master Farmers.
- Plant Breeding Has Been Critical To Soybean Yield Increases Over the Years
Understanding past yield improvements will help unlock the secret to future yield gains.
- More Stations Now Offering E85
Energy Information Administration reports that the number of stations selling E85 are increasing, but has slowed in past two years
- Senators Champion Agro-Defense Resolution
Senators push development of the Kansas City Animal Health Corridor; completion of National Bio and Agro-Defense Facility in national resolution
- Record-Breaking Attendance at 2014 Commodity Classic
More than 7,300 people attend 19th annual event
- Pork Farmers Reiterate Optimism in Spite of PEDv
Pork Checkoff survey finds most producers are comfortable with the direction of the pork industry
- School Lunch Critique, Ag Coexistence and Stressed Out Cows
7 stories you might have missed this week
- Study: Predators Can Delay Pest Resistance to Bt Crops
Natural enemies are important for suppressing pest populations, study finds.
- Plant Extracts Hold Promise In Combating PRRS and E. Coli
U of I researchers fed three plant extract additives to swine populations and observed their effects on PRRS and E.Coli.
- House Bill Would Prevent Future Producer Info Leaks
Four House members introduce companion bill to S. 1343 to bar the EPA from releasing specific info of agricultural producers to the public