- Cool Spring and El Nino Weather Pattern Are on the Horizon
An El Nino weather pattern may surface later this summer.
- Cry3Bb1 Rootworm Resistance Now Confirmed in Five Illinois Counties
With resistance to mCry3A now confirmed, U of I's Mike Gray says aggressively moving forward with BMPs is necessary.
- Could NASA Satellites Predict Agricultural Yields in the Future?
New uses for NASA satellites show Midwest crop productivity; has potential for monitoring, predicting regional yields in the future
- Monsanto Awards Six Corn Rootworm Knowledge Grants
Joe Spencer, at the University of Illinois, is one of this year's recipients.
- Will the Panama Canal Expansion Be Complete Before 2016?
Several issues stand in the way of a completed Panama Canal expansion that could benefit agriculture in the U.S.
- Spring Brings Potential For Delayed Planting
NOAA Spring Outlook favors continued dry conditions in the West, delayed planting on deep frosts in Midwest
- Livestock Call by John Otte
Cutout gains lift fed cattle futures, feeder cattle follow fed cattle higher, sharply higher midday pork cutouts reverse lower to dehorn hog bulls