- USDA Detects Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea Virus
National Pork Board says disease poses no risk to food safety or humans
- Traders Might Find Cattle on Feed Report Bearish
April placements of cattle on feed up 15%; May 1 cattle on feed inventory down 3%.
- ADUFA Clears Another Hurdle
House Energy and Commerce Committee approves animal antibiotic legislation
- World Pork Expo Seminars To Address Hot Topics
From food safety to reproduction, the Pork Checkoff's PORK Academy at the World Pork Expo will address a range of producer-oriented topics
- National Pork Producers Urge Veto on NJ Gestation Stall Ban
National Pork Producers Council says ban is 'solution in search of a problem'
- APHIS Calls for Five-Year Recordkeeping on Livestock
USDA APHIS rule will alter length of time approved animal facilities, slaughterhouses and renderers will be required to retain animal records
- Video Tours Pork Plant With Temple Grandin
Pork plant tour video is part of animal handling 'glass walls' project
- Senators Aim To Strengthen Antibiotic Data Availability
Gillibrand, Collins and Feinstein say public should be more aware of antimicrobial drug use in agriculture; aim to strengthen FDA accountability
- Cover Crop Haying, Grazing Extended In Some States
USDA Risk Management Agency says insurance companies can allow haying and grazing until May 22, if they so choose.
- State and National Dairy Groups Take Sides on Farm Bill Programs
National Milk Producers, IDFA head up groups with differing opinions on the next steps for dairy policy in the 2013 Farm Bill